Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
It is not possible at the moment to change the secret key passphrase from the UI.
Q2 - Who is impacted?
Everyone but especially people that use a weak passphrase.
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
This will help improve security.
Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
there is a workaround, the bad news is that it’s not very user friendly. What you need to do:
- Export your private key
- Import your private key in another Gpg compatible keyring and change the passphrase there
- Export your updated private key
- Follow the recover procedure in passbolt load up your private key with the new passphrase.
Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)