Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Currently there is no easy way to delete or share multiple password in one go. You can face this issue while setuping our Passbolt Instance: after importing 50+ passwords, sharing them one by one was a bit discouraging.
Q2 - Who is impacted?
Everyone, especially people that manage a lot of passowrds.
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
This will improve productivity
Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
- Which actions should we cover?
– Share (see bellow)
- What should we show in the dialog if two passwords have different permissions and are selected and the shared button is pressed?
A similar user experience exists in Google Drive, when you select two or more files and then click the Sharing link.
The way they handle it is to show a list of users who access to one or more of the files, and show access of “Varies” next to each user which has different levels of access.
I think this is a clean solution:
- if you leave it as “Varies” then nothing changes
- if you select a different value from the drop-down menu, then the permissions for that user on all the selected items are updated
Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)