As a user the passbolt extension can auto-fill my passwords in forms

Hi @remy - thank you for your answer! Is there any page, which i can follow to see, if and when this feature will be available on CE?

You can subscribe to the community edition newsletter: https://www.passbolt.com/ce
We make major announcements by emails and on twitter also.

@remy I don’t see the auto-fill option listed as part of the premium features listed here https://www.passbolt.com/pricing/pro. It isn’t even under coming soon. Has the ETA changed for premium?

I see now that it is listed as Q3 her https://www.passbolt.com/roadmap

Hi @stan,

We are very much working on this functionality at the moment. We will share the final specs this month.
Current ETA is August or September, we’re going to ship LDAP integration first.

Cheers,

Is there a new information for the free, selfhosted version?

bump, users and boss are insisting on this as a first step before implementing

My users would love to have this feature. The moment this becomes a a thing I’m deploying it for my company. Any ETA?

This is our main priority at the moment, and the next major feature we will ship.
ETA is January.

4 Likes

I am also waiting for this feature before announcing it across the company.
Any expected date for this?

Is this still in progress, since it’s the end of march 2019 and the roadmap says Q1 2019?
Also the github commits in the browser externsion show anything related.

Hello,

Yes it will be in the next release, most likely this week. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

This feature is now available with version 2.8 for both community and pro edition users.

2 Likes

So dose auto fill only work via the extentions dropdown menu? Is There no shortcut key?

Hello Speatzle,

There is no shortcut key at the moment. Can you describe what you had in mind?

Well, Passbolt should have a key combination that checks if there is only one suggested password for the current page and then autofills that first result. if there are multiple results it should popup the addon/extension ui and list all results. These results should autofill by only clicking on them once. This is how the Passbolt extension / future app should behave in my opinion. This is also how Keepass 2 / Keepass XC works with the Autotype feature. Other Colleagues at my workplace also strongly agree with this Opinion as this came up during our initial tests of Passbolt which apart from this missing feature came to be a strong contender for a Company wide system (Mainly because of the great API and Passsword storage system). Please implement this even if its only in the Paid version as this is a substantial time and nerve saver when you have to log into allot of customer systems daily.

@Speatzle thanks fro the feedback, I created a new items for this request here: As a user on a third party login page I can trigger the autofill using a keyboard shortcut

@remy The auto-fill function is still not working for us. Can you please tell me when it is available or why it is not working at our side? We are using the pro version but i have to click the passbolt extension and click use on this page every time…

@ICTEL this is the intended behavior, passbolt requires user input in order to fill in the password in the page. This is a security requirements, to prevent leaking / inserting passwords on compromised pages.

Hi, is it intended behaviour that users have to open the extension to “auto fill” a user/password? 1Password has a much better user experience and allows an user to click on the intended user/pw in the form directly.

Thanks
Tobias

Hi @TobiK

is it intended behaviour that users have to open the extension to “auto fill” a user/password?

The intention is to prevent auto fill from occurring without user action being taken. However, if you were not aware, the use/workflow of the extension for some users begins with the extension itself, and opening the page from there. In this case, it is already “open”.

1 Like