Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
It is not always practical to add system-level extension like GnuPG. Moreover, it exists some composer module like https://github.com/phar-io/gnupg which can be used instead.
Q2 - Who is impacted?
Anyone who wants to install Passbolt but don’t have access to set system-level extension.
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
It reduces the requirements needed for Passbolt installation, for instance by allowing its installation on cheap shared hosting, and thus helping its adoption.
Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
- use a composer module to wrap gnupg binary instead of relying of extension
- or even (if possible) a pure PHP implementation like https://github.com/singpolyma/openpgp-php
Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)