As password administrator I would like to store the private keys for SSH servers

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Save the keys for Linux Servers. When we have SSH credentials we have not a way to store its corresponding private key

Q2 - Who is impacted?
All the system administrators.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Of course, I have houndreds of SSH credentials and a half of them has SSH private key.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)

• add a field to attach a file in order to put the private key

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

19 Likes

Fantastic Feature…

Anyone concerned with security and using Passbolt would most likely be using SSH Keys instead of passwords for terminal server access.

+1 from me

Great Feature.

+1 from me

+1
I’d also like to store my SSH keys safely.

A huge +1 from me! Could be as easy as being able to attach a file (doesn’t have to be SSH key specific).

+1

Also handy for pgp private keys

+1

it’s a feature that would raise the level of Passbolt

Perhaps as a simple solution the password-field itself should be extended by accepting newlines and more then 4096 chars.

Uploading files is also nice (QR-codes, …), but perhaps for certs we can keep it more simple.

This would be a great feature. I now use the password field to store my private keys but I would prefer a textarea with multiple lines to make it more readable.
Also I would like to have the passwords separated from SSH keys, like a directory or something. I manage quite some servers and every one of them has its own key. It would make my life easier.
Love for Passbolt.

This is something I would like to see as well.

+1 Good feature to be added

That would make using passbolt as a solution. +1

Great Feature so I give a +1.

Please note that since the version 3, there is encrypted description, so ssh keys can stored in the description: Passbolt Help | Our House

this solution is workable in case of SSH keys which can be copy pasted in an encrypted field and you don’t have multiple files, however in some cases a file attachment or multiple ones are required.
See https://community.passbolt.com/t/as-a-user-i-can-create-resources-with-encrypted-file-attachement/74

It would be a very useful feature. Currently, we store ssh keys in description, which is not ideal.

this functionality would be GREATLY appreciated, and would substantially increase the appeal of PB. one less application/service to manage, reduces employee training, and kills two cats with one stone. we’d be willing to pay extra for the functionality.