Can't log in as admin

Hi I started my setup over a few times by removing the web setup:

/etc/passbolt/passbolt.php

########
My mistake I made during my initial attempt, several attempts ago, that I am stuck with now is the following configuration errors:

I set the server email as passbolt@ourdomain.com

I set the FROM email as passbolt@ourdomain.com

After that it took me through setting up the passbolt admin account, which I did with
passbolt@ourdomain.com

########

So several web-setup attempts later:
(each time I have to delete passbolt.php and set the serverkey.asc and serverkey_private.asc to 740 so that setup can handle them)

during the web setup:

I set a fake server email and “From:” email this time
because when I try to log in as admin - passbolt@ourdomain.com - and it wants me to verify via email, the email never arrives at our passbolt@ourdomain.com
(even though the web setup email test works and other users can receive their verification email no problem)

So I’m basically locked out, and I cant admin the server :smile:

I think you’re in luck. The last post in this thread provides a way to retrieve the verification url from the db.

1 Like

Hi thanks. I did learn a useful new query for the DB but none of the links work to get into the account:

QUERY:
SELECT u.username AS EMAIL, CONCAT(‘https://passbolt.domain.tld/setup/install/’, u.id, ‘/’, at.token) as URL
FROM users u
INNER JOIN authentication_tokens at ON at.user_id = u.id
WHERE at.active = 1;

OUTPUT:
±-----------------------------------------±-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| email | URL |
±----------------------------------±-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| passbolt@outdomain.com | https://passbolt.DOMAIN/setup/install/2fad7ba2-92c5-4f25-8c0d-7595960676bd/5fe4429d-7af1-4518-aac1-45f79e696101 |

but in the end, I couldnt grab a working link.

Explain more about what you did here.

Hi @pasbbolting :wave:

If you want to restart your setup multiple times, remove /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php is not enough as data remain in database and you also have passbolt gpg keyring in /var/lib/passbolt/.gnupg

If you really want to “reset” your setup, you should, in addition of removing /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php remove also:

• /var/lib/passbolt/.gnupg folder
  • /var/lib/passbolt/tmp folder
  • your mysql passbolt database
  • /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/nginx-passbolt.conf configuration file

Then run a dpkg-reconfigure passbolt-ce-server to recreate a newer and fresher database and a clean nginx configuration file.

Cheers,

2 Likes

OK I knew there was something like that I needed to do. Thank you, I can use this for our admin instructions.

1 Like