I’ve got an issue with DirectorySync after upgrading to 2.9.0 using the docker container (2.9.0 pro debian). I use OpenLDAP as a directory server.
In my 2.8.3 installation I have a value of
IT in the
Groups Parent Group and
Users Parent Group, and when pressing
test settings and
simulate synchronize I get the expected output of my X amount of users that the LDAP query found, all good.
However after upgrading to 2.9.0 and performing the exact same tests without changing any of the settings, the
test connection says that the connection was successful, but also
No results have been found, which is weird. The
simulate synchronize give an error:
**Error** The simulation failed. Could not retrieve the group matching name IT, and I see that the webserver outputs a 500-error in the logs:
GET /directorysync/synchronize/dry-run.json HTTP/1.1" 500
No matter what i put in the fields I can’t get it to filter on my parent group, as it worked in 2.8.3, except if i leave them blank, they i get all the users in ldap, regardless of group.
I did report an error to previous versions in this post: Case sensitive Groups/Users parent group, thought this might be related to any efforts in fixing that.
[x] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[x] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[x] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[x] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[x] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue