Docker Issues? (PHP and DB Installation)

Hi all, trying to get Passbolt up and running to check it out but having some issues with the latest Docker image.

I’ve followed the instructions on the Docker install page but having some odd issues.

1. It doesn’t appear that PHP starts when the Docker container starts nor does it appear the service is installed? I’m able to shell into the server and start Nginx (which appears to have to be manual? Doesn’t auto-start?) But when looking for the PHP service I’m not seeing it. What might I be missing?

2018/12/31 18:11:43 [error] 43#43: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000”,

This is from the nginx logs on the container when trying to make a request.

The other issue I’m having is it doesn’t appear to install? Maybe this is done via the web once I’m able to access this but it also appears it would install via the /docker-entrypoint.sh? Maybe?

So after following the steps on https://help.passbolt.com/hosting/install/ce/docker when I try to create the initial user I’m getting an error that the database table for users doesn’t exist and if I look in the db, sure enough no tables have been generated.

Am I missing something?

Steps to reproduce for me are to just follow the commands on the https://help.passbolt.com/hosting/install/ce/docker running on Debian 9 (fresh server install) running the latest stable Docker CE

Hi @dneely

1. It doesn’t appear that PHP starts when the Docker container starts nor does it appear the service is installed? I’m able to shell into the server and start Nginx (which appears to have to be manual? Doesn’t auto-start?) But when looking for the PHP service I’m not seeing it. What might I be missing?

On passbolt docker image supervisor is used to start the following services:

• nginx
  • php-fpm

If you want to manually start/stop/check status of the services you can use supervisorctl

The other issue I’m having is it doesn’t appear to install? Maybe this is done via the web once I’m able to access this but it also appears it would install via the /docker-entrypoint.sh? Maybe?

Passbolt container runs passbolt installation and migrations on boot, perhaps you have some issue running correctly the container? Maybe some requirement missing like haveged or rng-tools on your host machine?

Some log information would be interesting to help you.

Thanks for the direction Diego.

I thought i had already installed haveged/rng-tools but apparently hadn’t (rng-tools was a bit of a pain). I got the image up and running and everything seems to be cruising along now.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.