E-mail not being sent

Checklist
[x] I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
[x] I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
[x] I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
[x] I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
[x] I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
[ ] I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

– Server operating system name and version: ubuntu 18.04.4 server installed as VM
– Passbolt version: 18.04

I’ve just managed to install passbolt however e-mails are not being sent. Can you help me?

I’ve run
$ ./bin/cake passbolt send_test_email --recipient=youremail@domain.com
and got:
-bash: .bin/cake:no such file or directory

then. I’ve tried

sudo /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt send_test_email --recipient=myemail@domain.com

and got:

PHP Warning require(var/www/passbolt/config/requirements.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php'): failed to opens stream: Permission denied in var/www/passbolt/bin.cake.php on line 4
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/passbolt/config/requirements.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake.php on line 4

Healthcheck

var/www/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck

gives me the same error

PHP Warning require(var/www/passbolt/config/requirements.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php'): failed to opens stream: Permission denied in var/www/passbolt/bin.cake.php on line 4
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/passbolt/config/requirements.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/passbolt/bin/cake.php on line 4

Hi @afconsga which method of installation instructions were you following?

The first error is probably because you didn’t run the command from the project’s root folder.

The second seems to be a permissions problem, and if you look at the instructions in the Install From Source section you’ll see the commands are structured to run as www-data. This might help.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.