As a user I want to be able to search for passwords that are know are within a given folder

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Organizing Passwords using Folders becomes Useless with many folders as Users are unable to find Passwords by Folder Names. Example: Hundreds of Folders (One for Each Customer) Storing Customer Passwords (You cannot find Passwords by Customer Names as the Name is only in the Folder Name and not in the Resource Name).

Q2 - Who is impacted?
Everyone using the PRO Version That Organizes using lots of Folders.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
This is Important to make Passbolt usable by bigger Teams / Organisations.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)

• Solution 1: Allow the Password Search to also show Passwords Which are Children of Folders
    that match the Search Query. This Should Also show Passwords that are in Child Folder of the Found Folder.
  • Solution 2: Make a Separate Search bar for Folders to Filter the Folders by Name.
    Child Folders of Folder that Matched the Search should still be Displayed.

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

Hello,

I agree with this feature request. It’s really important for teams sharing thousands passwords imported from a well-structured KeePass database which allows us to search by folder name.

Thanks.

Regards

Also filtering with tags in folders should work, tags are actually useless for me, even I can only filter by all passwords

BR
rupert

This is one of the main features i am looking for, custom searches.
We are still on the trial but as of now this is keeping us from migrating from KeePass.

Shame!

As additional suggestion for this topic: The complete folder path sould be integrated into the password table and also into the passwort info. We just imported about 2000 passwords from pwsave and I had to add folderpath to the passwort tiles to make them findable and identifyable. The length limit of 64 for the title was an additional hurdle.

I’m looking forward to any improvement.

Ref.

1 Like

Hi! Hast folder management oder the Avanced Search made it onto the Roadmap, yet?
Thanks heaps!

With regards to missing functionalities on folders and file attachments,
you’ll be pleased to hear that they are indeed on our roadmap.
we cannot provide a specific ETA at the moment

this was sept 5th

Any news on when this functionalities going to be implemented?