How to change the from email address?

I just installed a new passbolt installation, is there a way to change the from email address in the code?

Hi @yash,

This can be done by editing /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php configuration file. You can search for this section and edit the settings:

'Email' => [
        'default' => [
            // Defines the default name and email of the sender of the emails.
            'from' => ['passbolt@your_organization.com' => 'Passbolt'],
            //'charset' => 'utf-8',
            //'headerCharset' => 'utf-8',
        ],
    ],

Cheers,

i have tried that but it is not working

@yash Have you changed it from the default previously? What is it currently showing? How is it not working?

i have added the wrong email address in the from email fields while creating the setup, i have changed the config/passbolt.php from email address but it is still passing the previous email address in the from field when i check the email logs, i don’t see an etc folder

Hi @yash,

Can you tell us more about this new passbolt installation ? On which operating system and version did you setup passbolt ? From which documentation ? What is the installation method (from packages, from sources, docker ?) ?

With best regards,

i have used this document for installation, and it is on debian

Ok :+1:

If you installed passbolt from source, passbolt configuration file is located on /var/www/passbolt/config/passbolt.php

I saw in another thread you are using Debian 9 (you can verify with this command: cat /etc/debian_version). This Debian version is too old with no security updates since end june: Debian | endoflife.date, maybe should you consider to upgrade it or migrate to a new server.

Best regards,

1 Like

@yash And, I just looked back as well at some of your older posts and in your logs and in your posts you reference a directory named confi where I would expect it to be config so also double check you haven’t copy/pasted/moved and ended up with a misnamed folder.

This is solved i need to change the server but now the migration didn’t go properly, you can close this thread, thanks