Mobile App for passbolt

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
A big feature holding us back from fully migrating to Passbolt from LastPass is the Mobile App.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
Our Sales and Marketing teams would like access to passwords for websites on their mobiles.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
During the recent COVID crisis, it has been increasingly important to be able to work from home and from mobile devices. The future of work looks like we will spend less time in the office.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
Offer any help we can to aid your team in developing the mobile app.

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

11 Likes

100% Concur with this^

I would be willing to contribute my skills and maybe if the community could crowdfund to prioritize and get this across the finish line, I would love to help with that.

If the Passbolt Team sees this, please let us know if this is something we could do!

I agree,

Is there any info yet about this. Looking for a password manager and Passbolt is an great option for us only the lack of mobile is holding us back at the moment!

is there any info about when / if this feature will be implementent?

@r.hekman we already started the work, we hope it will be ready by Q1 2021.

Hello is there any update on this topic?

Hi @krzysztof.korycki

Only what @remy mentioned - the work is started, so look for it in Q1 of next year.

Thank You for the heads up, this is very needed feature.

It would be nice to manage multiple stores including F-Droid and keep the App GNU (or multi-licenses)

Thank you for the input @jaboc

I found the app - but was not able to login into my trail account.

@actxc the mobile application is not yet live. Be careful installing app that pretends to be done by passbolt.

When is the go live date

@poorni passbolt does not currently give dates, but does report current focus on the project - mobile app is a current focus and this quarter has been identified as a targeted timeframe for launch. We will announce here in the forum and we are all looking forward to it. It’s been a popular request for some time now.

2 Likes

I, as I suppose many, found about Passbolt when the news of the changes on the free account of lastpass, my current password manager. I think you have a great opportunity to steal some of those users if you manage to get mobile apps out this quarter.

I wanted to update those following the thread who are eagerly awaiting the rollout of the mobile app (I am in that group myself). Speaking of stealing @mundodisco8… There has been a impact on the timeline for rollout due to our collaborators being poached to other companies. The work is continuing but Q1 rollout is not expected and we are looking at more likely a post-Q1 rollout.

As you know we don’t promise timelines, but we do value our community and wanted you to know.

That’s disappointing (the poaching, I mean). Thanks for the update, and keep up the good work. It will be ready when it’s ready.

1 Like

Lastpass started to “force” users to use either the PC version or the mobile version. If the mobile app would release soon I guess this could give a boost to this software since it is a highly used feature I think.

Hoping it will release soon (so I can fully go off last-pass)

Working on it as we speak.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it!

So excited about it ! Thank you :heartbeat: