My LDAP server doesn't support paging

Hello,

I’m testing the Passbolt Enterprise version under DOCKER and I want to use our LDAP directory to sync groups and users.

Our LDAP server is a Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0 but it does not support paged queries.

After looking at your source code, you use the “LdapTools” PHP library which natively makes paginated requests.

Can we easily disable this feature with an environment variable or a configuration file?

Can we also overload the LDAP schema used to adapt it to our LDAP server?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

PS: ldaptools/Main-Configuration.md at master · ldaptools/ldaptools · GitHub

Hi @dsi-lille :wave: and welcome to passbolt community forum :people_holding_hands:

Your LDAP server looks like a quite old :sweat_smile:

By the way, I had a quick look at passbolt Debian package (our docker image is based on Debian package), and I saw in /usr/share/php/passbolt/vendor/ldaptools/ldaptools/resources a config folder with an example.yml file containing the setting you are searching for:

use_paging: true

Maybe can you try first to override this setting with use_paging: false in your docker container by overriding the file with a volume mount and see how it will go ?

You can find LDAP/AD schemas on /usr/share/php/passbolt/plugins/Passbolt/DirectorySync/config/ folder.

Finally, maybe should you try to connect passbolt to your old LDAP server with configuration file, as explained on this documentation: Passbolt Help | Configure Ldap plugin

Best regards,