Sql user permission / Debian 11

Installation on Debian 11

May I please ask you for your help.

During the installation process, I have created ‘passbolt’ sql username (as described in the official documentation)…I did insert in ‘/etc/passbolt/passbolt.default.php’ all required data e.g. ip addres, username, password etc.

Scenario 1:
If I leave the default passbolt.default.php file, I’m getting following error message from passbolt log file:

2022-12-07 17:06:57 error: Connection to Mysql could not be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'passbolt'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Scenario 2:
I read somewhere that I should make a copy of /etc/passbolt/passbolt.default.php and rename it to only …/passbolt.php. Once I would do that, than I would get a following error message:

Config file “passbolt.php” did not return an array.

Info: Part of the ‘passbolt.php’ file:

// Database configuration.
‘Datasources’ => [
‘default’ => [
‘host’ => ‘127.0.0.1’,
‘port’ => ‘3306’,
‘username’ => ‘passbolt’,
‘password’ => ‘#####################’,
‘database’ => ‘passboltdb’,
],
],

For any help I would be more than thankful.

Thank you in advance!

@San I created a new thread because the other one was already solved. Feel free to modify title if needed.

1 Like

Hey @San

Just to be sure, are you following the from source instructions or the Debian package instructions?

If you are following the Debain package installation you shouldn’t have to modify the passbolt.php file. You’d be able to enter the database credentials via the web UI portion of the set up which is the 2. Configure passbolt step.

For the error:

Config file “passbolt.php” did not return an array.

That issue could be with a section other than the database configuration portion. Could you post or check over the full file to make sure there isn’t a missing , somewhere?