Ubuntu upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04 breaks Passbolt [php version ref conflict]

Hello,

i tried to upgrade my Ubuntu from 20.04 to 22.04, after this Passbolt didn’t work.

Is there any Checklist or to-do for Passbolt if i upgrade my Ubuntu Version?

I didn’t find any manual for this. Only for migration from on server to another server but not for a Server upgrade.

I use Passbolt Version 3.8.4 Pro.

Checklist
I have read intro post: About the Installation Issues category
I have read the tutorials, help and searched for similar issues
I provide relevant information about my server (component names and versions, etc.)
I provide a copy of my logs and healthcheck
I describe the steps I have taken to trouble shoot the problem
I describe the steps on how to reproduce the issue

Hey @Holla_Die_Waldfee just to be clear, were you doing an in place update of Ubuntu or did you bring up a 22.04 server along side your existing 20.04 and then migrate over?

Typically the recommended approach would be migrating to a new server, which this page covers.

As Ubuntu 20 is shipped with php7.4 and Ubuntu 22 with php8.1, can you also check if your /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/nginx-passbolt.confnginx configuration file contains any php-7.4 occurence ? If yes, you should try to edit the file and replace 7.4 with 8.1, then restart the nginx service with sudo systemctl restart nginx.

It is the 5th step of this debian 10 to 11 procedure: Passbolt Help | Upgrade from Debian 10 to Debian 11

It should be cool to create the same help page for Ubuntu 20 to 22.

My 2 cents,

2 Likes

thx, somethimes the solution is so simple. :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

1 Like

sudo sed -i ‘s/php7.4-fpm/php-fpm/g’ /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/nginx-passbolt.conf

and then reboot nginx