Add tags column in _getGridColumns and split tags after importing kdbx

Hello!
Please implement the possibility of enabling additional column with tags; each tag should be clickable to exec filter.
I had just injected this column in little hacky way I think to _getGridColumns function, but If You are interested in to take a look, let me know Where should I push it.

Btw, another case with tags is the behaviour of creating tags after importing resources from kdbx; I think each folder should be an individual tag:
ex: Internal -> hypervisors -> Europe create tag Internal / hypervisor / Europe
in my opinion, it should be split by " / ", and there should be three separated tags.
Anyway, We need to do this in that way, so I choose wrench api cli to fix this in our env, but it is again a little bit hacky because of gpg auth etc. to automate the process.

Thanks for Your work!

Hi @Dawid,

It’s quite nice to see the customization you did with your passbolt! That’s indeed an interesting idea.
In the future, we want it to be possible for the user to select the columns that are visible in the UI. Tags could definitely be a part of it. I created this entry in the forum backlog so that other users can discuss it https://community.passbolt.com/t/as-a-user-i-should-be-able-to-see-the-tags-associated-with-a-password-directly-from-the-grid-view/1484

Regarding how tags are managed during an import, this is going to change soon with the release of the folders feature. This feature will actually be closer of what you are trying to achieve with tags, since it will be nested.

Thanks for your suggestions!

1 Like

Hi @kevin,

It is been a bit more than a year now since the first post, and I did not see any improvement of application usability… Not only those tags but none of the stuff You promise like folders or customizable columns.

Even api client we still use is not official (correct me if I am wrong or You develop any) # liip / wrench

When do You planned to release a new version and what will be presented to us in the pro version?

Hi @Dawid,

Last year we put a lot of work in our cloud product that is why the pro product feels like it’s lagging a bit behind in terms of features. At the moment we are currently working on the folders feature, which we hope to release in the coming weeks. We are also migrating our front end to react, which is not an quick task and take quite a bit of effort.

After this we should be able to ship faster, especially easier / lower hanging fruits.
Thank you for your patience.

@remy
If I understand You correctly You just say, because of new business product You decided to do less for clients who did buy Your product yet? We have chosen Your product not only for what it was but because of the roadmap which You have shown us https://web.archive.org/web/20190103114525/https://www.passbolt.com/roadmap
Q1 2019 folders
Q1 2019 Mobile app
Q3 2019 Keepass as an offline client
Q3 2019 Users/Groups ACL
Q3 2019 External sharing

And this column with tags… Please, I did this myself in about 2-3h and I am a complete noob in js.

“Thank you for your patience.” was not in the roadmap.

Hi @Dawid,

I understand your frustration. Feel free to reach out to us at contact@passbolt.com if you would like to discuss how we could make this up to you.

Best,