As a logged in user I can choose my own resource name alias for resources shared with me

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Each users have different name conventions as it is not possible nor desirable to enforce one. This makes it complicated for me to find my passwords as I have to remember how people named them. For example I can have my own twitter account and someone in my team can share another twitter account, if they are both named “twitter” then it becomes confusing to know which is which.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
People that have a lot of password shared with them and/or that want strict naming convention to be followed for themselves.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
It can improve ease of use by allowing each user to have their own mental model.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
When a password resource is shared with me by another user, I can use my own resource name for it instead of the name provided by the owner. This allows me to follow my own naming conventions and keep my list clean and ranked the way I want it to be. This could be done with an “alias” field in the edit resource dialog that is empty by default and unique for each user and replace the resource name if it is specified.

ref. https://github.com/passbolt/passbolt_api/issues/102

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters