As a logged in user I should know if a password is about to expire and should be changed

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
In some systems passwords are set to expire after a while. Some organizations also requires by policy to change ones password once in a while. Right now it is not possible to know visually or using notification if a password is about to expire and should be changed.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
People using password that need to be renewed.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
This is a common use case and part of password hygiene to renew passwords.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
For example, during the password creation one ca set a lifetime for a password of 2 months. On the sidebar and the grid there will be an highlight for outdated or soon to be outdated credentials. A second dependent feature would be to get a periodic mail notification of every passwords near the ending their lifetime.

Ref. As a user, I would like to get info about the password lifecycle · Issue #91 · passbolt/passbolt_api · GitHub

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)
0 voters

With recent changes to law over here this would be extremely useful since we are required to change passwords every few weeks now.

The feature is under active development, checkout the specifications: Password Expiry (Reloaded) - Functional and Technical Specifications - Google Docs

1 Like