As a passbolt admin I like to be notified of new releases

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
I want to update passbolt on a regular basis and thus get notified when new version are released.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
passbolt administrators

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Not that urgent :wink:

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
A newsletter or mailinglist would be fine for me.

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

1 Like

Hello there,

So several options are already available. If you follow the project on github you will be notified for each releases. There is also an RSS feed for release notes (here: https://www.passbolt.com/release/notes.rss). Releases are also announced on social networks.

I like the idea of a newsletter for each releases. Feel free to suggest other channels if you think we can improve on this.

I’d prefer email. GitHub has way too much noise when you follow a lot of people and projects, thus new releases might not pop up. The RSS feed is a nice idea, will see if I can set-up some kind of notification of it for now.

1 Like

The RSS Feed is not existent anymore. Is there an alternative to get notified without using social networks/github? Its not hard implementing some RSS feed and would be suuper helpful :slight_smile:

Hi there,

There are two RSS feeds now:

1 Like

You should put them somewhere in the FAQ or Help pages :slight_smile: thank you!

Edit: also I realized I put a typo into my RSS reader, and the old link indeed does still exist. Sorry!

1 Like

Hello!

I signed up just for this.
I think that a notification (can be a persistent banner on the top) inside the web app is better.

I am currently maintaining multiple on-premise servers for my organization, it would be really helpful if I get notified with a new release in each app instead of receiving multiple emails.

Maybe you can activate the notifications of the Announcements topic, where they announce every new release and you will receive just one email for every release.
Just click on the topic, go up right to the bell and click Watching. Done!