As a user I can see passwords not assigned to a Folder [click on root folder]

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Having hundreds of passwords, there are some that haven’t been assigned to a folder and don’t know which ones they are. It would be helpful to be able to list what is not assigned to folder.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
Impacts all those that don’t have passwords assigned to folders and don’t know it and can’t find the password in the huge list without searching.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
If a password is not assigned to a folder, it will get lost in the hundreds of passwords when looking through the list of “All” passwords, or forced to search for it.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution?
Add a selection at the bottom of:

• All items
  • Recently modified
  • Shared with me
  • Owned by me
  • Not In Folder

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

Assuming that you will want to view it in the GUI once found, you could find any password not in a folder by using the following mysql query:

select id, name from resources where id in (select foreign_id from folders_relations where foreign_model='Resource' and folder_parent_id IS NULL);

This will provide a two-column response with the id and name of the resource.

You could then take the id and paste it into the url to view it, and confirm with the name:

https://{your domain here}/app/passwords/view/{paste id here}

This is not to discredit your feature request, but rather an in-the-meantime idea - hope it helps!

Good morning, I’m unsure if this is what you are looking for, but I used to search passwords without folders by clicking in the “Folders” parent of all folders listed on the left:

4 Likes

@Termindiego25 I never knew that - even better!

1 Like

Yes, exactly! I don’t care where it is, as long as it is there. Thanks!

I withdraw this request, but glad Termindiego25 posted this!

-Akak

2 Likes