As a user I want to associate multiple URI's with a password

Hi,

I have been wanting this feature since I started using Passbolt some three years ago. It would be great to be able to associate multiple URI’s with a password. This is useful for environments where you must authenticate with the same credentials on different services, as is common with LDAP-backed services. The user experience improvement is in that the quickaccess menu would show the password on all web pages that are associated with the password.

For inspiration, look at Bitwarden’s browser extension. It has this feature.

4 Likes

Hi @imre :wave: and welcome to Passbolt community forum :slight_smile:

Here is a poll where people can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

1 Like

This feature would also be very useful when dealing with a lot of multi-site web solutions, where the username and password are the same, because its the same instance. It just have multiple entry points for the admin panel.

1 Like

Hello,
I allow myself to up this thread, I would love to have it and voters pretty agree with this. Please don’t forget it :smiley:

bump :smiley: is it planned ?

I really hope so. It would be a killer feat

I don’t think this will ever be implemented. I’m genuinely losing interest in passbolt as a lot of highly requested features are being ignored.

Bear with us, we are small team and we don’t have unlimited resources. We’re not ignoring requests, we just don’t have the capacity to do everything at once.

We just shipped the windows app and password expiry. We’re shipping ADFS next release.

Now we’ll move on to some new topics, which include performance improvements and new content types. Our goal is to squeeze the multi url support in that work package.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s great to hear! Do you have an ETA for multi-URI support?

When it’s ready :). Seriously we don’t give ETA because it’s just something that frustrates everyone. When the developers manage to meet an ETA nobody notices and congratulates them for that. When they miss it however, because for example they had to work on something more important, like a security issue, or a feature that a customer is willing to financially sponsor, they get online hate. So we just stop giving ETA to keep everyone expectations in check.

Instead of multiple URL’s I miss the KeepassXC function of the references. It’s something similar, only you have single entries where username and password are a reference to another entry.