As a user I want to securely share passwords with an expiring link

As a user I want to securely share passwords by link with whoever has the link as long as they have access to my passbolt system, so that I can e.g. share passwords with a bunch of people without always explicitly having to share the password with them.

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
I want to share e.g. logins to internal demo-applications with members of several departments, c-level, and so on when informing then about new stuff going on. Think corporate, where there could be easily 10+, 20+ and so on recipients hidden behind distribution lists. Having to know them all and add them one-by-one to the password share is a hideous, time-consuming and error-prone task.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
This is for anyone, from low-budget startups to bigger corporations that are too cheap to afford a state-of-the-art password manager.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Keep up with the majority of widely adopted and commercial password managers out there.

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
The problem would be solved if passbolt behaves like industry-standard password managers and would allow a share-link option accompanied with an expire time. This way I can be sure that the link is no longer valid after e.g. 1 day, 2 days, 3 days - which would be crucial when just putting it “out there” in a mail - but also gives people initially intended to receive it the possiblity to copy it into their “vault”.

Have a look at e.g. 1password:

You’ll find similar solutions in many other password managers too.

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

1 Like

Hi @adepretis :wave: and welcome to Passbolt community forum :handshake:

Thanks for your suggestion, I added the poll as you were unable to do it :wink:

1 Like

Is there any news on this feature coming soon ?