Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
When users create passwords in our Passbolt instance, they become the sole owner of a password and no one else can access them. We use folders with default access rights to set passwords access.
Q2 - Who is impacted?
Everyone who has more than one user and needs to make sure passwords are shared.
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Making sure that the rest of the organization has access to and doesn’t loose access to passwords is important.
Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
I can see several possibilites.
- Make a filter that shows “Passwords that i am the sole owner of” (the current “Owned by me” shows shared ownership as well)
- Make a folder showing “Passwords not in any folders”.
- Advanced search where a user can filter on the above settings.
This request is related to As a user I'd like to see all passwords I own that are not shared with anyone, but i have specced it more in the text.
People can vote for this idea to show traction:
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)