Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
When copying a password, the password stays in the clipboard untill overwritten
Q2 - Who is impacted?
Any user copying a password from the list.
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
This can help with making sure that in certain cases the clipboard is read out, it will have a possible security issue.
Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
This can have different solutions, or a combination.
- Auto clear the clipboard after x amount of minutes; keeping track of clipboard changes so it only will do it if the password is still there
- Auto clear the clipboard on closing the browser/program/extention; keeping track of clipboard changes so it only will do it if the password is still there
- Option to manually clear the clipboard (e.g. extra button; clear clipboard)
Q5 - Community poll
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)