As admin I can deactivate or suspend the "Device may be rooted" message, so that the user is not getting annoyed

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
We are using several Android devices with custom ROM to get the latest security updates.
For example Pixel 3, Pixel 4, Samsung S7 and Samsung S9 with Android 13 (which is not available with stock ROM).
All devices are not rooted, but each and every time opening passbolt, the user has to click on “I understand”.
passbolt - custom rom but not rooted

Q2 - Who is impacted?
Every user using custom ROMs.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
This message is very annoying to the user, because a user using custom ROMs knows that he is using a custom ROM…

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
Proposed option: As logged in admin this message can be deactivated in the central admin section, so that no user is receiving this popup anymore.
Second option: As logged in user I can click on a check box “do no longer show this warning” beside the “I understand” button.
Third option: As logged in user I can click on a check box “do not show this warning for x days” (e.g. x = 30) beside the “I understand” button.

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

Second option: As logged in user I can click on a check box “do no longer show this warning” beside the “I understand” button.

That makes sense, I added it to the mobile team upcoming sprints. Ref. MOB-885

2 Likes