As an Admin, I want to send (all) users or specific groups emails about changes/updates directly from the Passbolt instance

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

It would be very beneficial if Admins could send informational emails to all users (or specific groups) from the Passbolt interface.

E.g. if:

• new features have been introduced, that users should know about or requires action from users to be available (this is our current use-case with the account recovery feature)
  • a Passbolt update requires updating of the client plugin to work correctly on the user end (this bit us several times now when users switch to manual update of browser plugins…)
  • a security incident (on whatever side) has been identified and users are advised to take action (i.e. change passwords)

There are surely several more use-cases where it would be very convenient to just send out mails to all/several Passbolt users/groups within the organization that appear to come “officially” from the organizations Passbolt instance.

Q2 - Who is impacted?
All Passbolt Administrators

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
Simplify information flow from Passbolt Admins to users in case of important changes or incidents

Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional)
A simple form where one could select all/specific users and/or groups and enter some text that is being sent by the Passbolt instance to all selected users via their stored email.

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters