As an User i want to export Entrys to PDF

Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
We have tons of Passwords stored for our customers.
From time to time they want to have the Passwords to have a copy of their own.
So it would be nice if we have an option to export the Entrys to PDFs > like Keepass 2.x

Q2 - Who is impacted?
I dont know :smiley: I think everyone that has the same usecase would benefit from it.

Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent?
For us its important - actually we export the Entrys to KeePass DB File and export it in the Keepass 2.x App to PDF - not really productive, but it works :wink:

Q5. Community support
People can vote for this idea to show traction:

• :ok_woman: Must have: this is critical for me to have this
  • :raising_hand_woman: Should have: this is important for me to have this
  • :tipping_hand_woman: Could have: this could be nice to have
  • :no_good_woman: Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)

0 voters

@maieredv.manuel Is it always a hard copy (printed on paper)? Or, are you delivering the PDF electronically?

Hey @garrett

Both, but mostly printed :-/ the sharing with external users is in “pipeline”!?
When the entrys are printable in the “e-mail version” its also OK for me/us.

No, I don’t think it should be programmed. Password management with all the security systems involved would therefore be useless. A PDF with passwords in “plain” is to return to the excel file / plain text with free access to all passwords.

Exporting to Keepass or other secure format is normal. and allows local use in the event of a problem only.
(I’m putting this in the basket of free competition software)

But isnt this the Users choice to have the Passwords in printed form?
I mean, you dont know where the Passwords are stored after printing - shure … the most printed documents are laying on any desk and rotting :wink: But when the customer wants his data, i cant give him the access to our passbolt “vault” :frowning:

Guest access would be a super feature. No groups, no users, just shared passwords.

2 Likes