Cannot login after upgrade v1.6.10 to v2.0.7 (keyring?)

Hi there,

I don’t see that anybody else has had this problem, so I’m posting here. I am unable to login after upgrading to v2.0.7 … I think it has to do with the keyring but I could use some additional ideas. I followed the upgrade article and mainly had no issues. Healthcheck looks good. But I cannot login; after I enter my passphrase and click login, the gear spins and I see the “Logging in please wait…” message and then the login box just pops up again, no error message, no indication of failure or success.

Per the upgrade article, I copied my server keys from the passbolt_old/app/Config/gpg/ to the passbolt/config/gpg … but this is just the server key, right? What about the keyring? Do I need to anything specifically for that to be updated?

Regards,

Brandon

Hi,

You have just to copy the public and private server keys.

I get many problems with the upgrade but link to the folder change like in old version passbolt/app/webroot/ and in the new version passbolt/webroot and I didn’t seen on the upgrade document to change my vhost config. For example, in my /etc/nginx/conf.d/passbolt.conf Imust apply this change on the location section.

Another point, it’s the files/folder rights, I’don’t know why but the rights have change after the installation I must apply a second time the good rights dor nginx on /var/lib/php/session like it’s describe on the installation documentation.

Hope this could help you.

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex. Yes, the “Edit your apache or nginx to point to the new directory and bring your service back online.” directive could be more explicit; the upgrade document should probably say that the tree structure has changed and the root path in the config needs updating. I missed it, too, and actually didn’t find any helpful errors but when I looked the nginx config file I noticed that the /app/webroot folder didn’t exist anymore.

I had to create the /var/lib/php/session directory, so I’m wondering if the upgrade path leaves out something a fresh install would set up. My permissions on that directory were 755 with root:nginx as owner:group. After updating it to nginx ownership, I am back to working. Thanks much for the pointer!

Regards,

Brandon

ok that’s fine !
Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.