CentOS 7 Install Issues

Good Day Folks,

It appears that the CentOS 7 install instructions are out of date. I have tired a few times with a fresh install to get Passbolt up and running but I seem to keep having issues.

One of the first issues I noticed is that config file for /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf is wrong. The real location is /etc/nginx/default.conf

Now and I am getting the Healthcheck shell error…Exception: data signing failed in [/var/www/passbolt/src/Utility/Healthchecks/GpgHealthchecks.php, line 304] error when I try to run a health check.

Also I am unable to log into the site as I am getting the error “Could not verify server key. There was an error during authentication. Enable debug mode for more information”

I have followed the install instructions to the letter and this error repeats. Any ideas of what is wrong here ? I did see a some what cryptic post about using gnuPG2 but there as little information.

Hi @exilewolf,

We checked thoroughly last week with three members of the team trying the installation manually from scratch last week, so we’re pretty sure the instructions are correct.

One of the first issues I noticed is that config file for /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf is wrong. The real location is /etc/nginx/default.conf

They both work. The directory /etc/nginx/conf.d is used for modular configuration.

Now and I am getting the Healthcheck shell error…Exception: data signing failed in [/var/www/passbolt/src/Utility/Healthchecks/GpgHealthchecks.php, line 304] error when I try to run a health check.

This could come from several issues, all related to GnuPG:

• You are using a passphrase on the private key (it is not supported)
  • The private key is not present in the keyring.

I had no luck with the /etc/nginx/conf.d location the Nginx server ignored it an used the other location. There could be a password on the cert let me check that.

Perfect removing the password from cert worked. and for the time being I just updated the nginx.conf as the conf.d did not work from me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.