Cheaper Personal Edition

Hi,

I want to use Passbolt at home and it’s already running on my Homeserver.
Looks like a great Software.
But many important features are missing in the community edition for example “Folders” or in later Version “Secure files & notes”.

I would pay for Passbolt, but 10€ is too much for personal usage I think.
For Business the price is ok (I also evaluate passbolt at work as a replacement for our keepass database)

So maybe you could release a Personal Edition ?

Hi @bias89,

Secure note can be achieve with encrypted description which is available in the community edition since v3. Folders will be available in the CE in the future, once more exclusive feature are released to the Pro edition.

Unfortunately we do plan to provide a “Personal Edition” at the moment. I understand that the price point may be to high for a personal usage, but our current focus for the product is to provide a password manager for businesses and organization.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi,

thanks for your response.
Then I have to wait and hope that more “Business only” Features like LDAP and Audit Log (which I don’t need at home ^^) come and that the basic features will come to the Community Edition.

Encrypted description would not be a replacement for encrypted Files, because I have several files inside my KeepassDB.
For example pictures of my passport, certificate files for the german “TAX Declaration System ELSTER”.

Maybe a Version which is limited to 1 or 2 users (but with pro features) would be an alternative :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also would like to see a personal version or home edition, mainly because I do want to support you, but the 15 euros per month minimum is quite high a price for home usage.

I think with me there are other people who are like this.

Maybe some version where the support is till community based, or 5 working days?

I just noticed that the minimum has changed to 10 users, which was 5, and thus the minimum has changed to 30 euro’s a month. For a home-user which wants to host it myself this is quite expensive. Is there any information on having either back the 5 user license, or a cheaper (home) version?

I feel this is (especially at this day and age) something that is almost a requirement also seeing the prices compared to other similar services.

Really hoping that you will have something available for the smaller users that DO still want to use it at home/small office.

Hi @Caspar,

You can get in touch with sales@passbolt.com, they’ll certainly be accommodating for small office / home use, especially if you are an existing customer.

We stop selling on the website for 5 user / personal use for self-hosted as it didn’t make financial sense (since our support cost is higher than subscription price). Unfortunately it is our experience the smallest contract are the ones requiring most support. But you can still get an offer by contacting sales.

Best,