Clicked on User, screen went blank

After successfully installing my self-hosted passbolt, I clicked on user and the screen totally went blank.
Other tabs click and open well except the USER.
is there something I’m doing wrong?

Hey @tars welcome to the forum!

What distribution did you install on?

Additionally could you run the healthcheck and post the results?
On Debian it would be sudo su -s /bin/bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck" www-data

I think it has more to do with the Microsoft Edge browser… All seem to be fine with Chrome.
Is the Ldap plugin available on passbolt-ce-server self hosted? Been trying to find a way to install it but no headsway

the LDAP connector is not part of the community edition, that is one of the PRO features.

I’d be curious as to why it is working on Chrome and not Edge, but if you are happy with using Chrome here I won’t press for more details

I am experiencing the same thing on a fresh install . When I go to the users tab I get a completely blank screen in Vivaldi and Edge under Linux. It works in FireFox on Linux as well as Chrome and Edge under Windows 11.

When I go into developer mode I see the following:

vendors.js:2 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘name’)
at os.getTranslatedRoleName (app.js:2:230906)
at ea.renderItem (app.js:2:295086)
at itemRenderer (app.js:2:303897)
at r.value (vendors.js:2:845931)
at r.value (vendors.js:2:846135)
at Va (vendors.js:2:772837)
at za (vendors.js:2:772636)
at Gs (vendors.js:2:813439)
at Tu (vendors.js:2:799662)
at xu (vendors.js:2:799590)
app.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘name’)
at os.getTranslatedRoleName (app.js:2:230906)
at ea.renderItem (app.js:2:295086)
at itemRenderer (app.js:2:303897)
at r.value (vendors.js:2:845931)
at r.value (vendors.js:2:846135)
at Va (vendors.js:2:772837)
at za (vendors.js:2:772636)
at Gs (vendors.js:2:813439)
at Tu (vendors.js:2:799662)
at xu (vendors.js:2:799590)

Hi @paullem and welcome to the forum!

The error you have shows a problem with the user role. There is an attempt of translating the role name but, the browser extension didn’t find the expected roles somehow.

Normally, this should be fixed if you sign out (using the sign out on the top right of the screen) and then sign in back on with your extension.

If it persists, then there is something else somewhere. It could come from many things, it’s usually due to the fact that the browser extension stores the user roles information in a local storage to avoid hitting the API too many times to find a information it already knows.

You said it’s a fresh install, I suppose it’s a Passbolt server fresh install, was your browser already configured with Passbolt as browser extension form another Passbolt instance or something like that?

Thank you very much. Signing out and back in did correct the issue.

1 Like