Docker SMTP testing

I’m trying to install a docker version of passbolt. I’ve got several issues at the moment but I’m currently trying to verify my SMTP environmental variables are correct. When I try to send a test email I get the output below. (I subbed in XXX for my personal info)

How do I change the “Sending email to:” so that I can actually verify emails are being delivered?

/ __ ____ _____ __/ / ____ / / /

/ /_/ / __ `/ ___/ ___/ __ / __ / / __/

/ / // ( |_ ) // / // / / /

// _,///./_//_/

Open source password manager for teams

Debug email shell

Email configuration

Host: XXXXXX

Port: 25

Username:

Password: *********

TLS: false

Sending email from: XXXXXXXX

Sending email to: doesnotexist@passboltdummydomain.com

Trace

[220] XXXXXXX ESMTP Postfix

EHLO localhost

[250] XXXXXXX

[250] PIPELINING

[250] SIZE 10485760

[250] ETRN

[250] STARTTLS

[250] AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

[250] AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN

[250] ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES

[250] 8BITMIME

[250] DSN

MAIL FROM:XXXXX@XXXXX

[250] 2.1.0 Ok

Any ideas how to change the send email to field?

Hi @The_Skippy, although this doesn’t answer your question, the environment variables are not likely to be enough. SMTP uses credentials to log into an email provider, which will then send the email for you. I noticed your username is blank and port is 25. Typically the port will be 587. Which provider are you wanting to use?

Hi Garret, I forward to a local SMTP server relay. I get the registration emails so I assume everything works but I was just curious if there was a way to change the sending email to field in the test command. It would just be a convenient thing for the future.

Ah, I see. I found this in the FAQ, and you could try a docker exec maybe: https://help.passbolt.com/faq/hosting/why-email-not-sent

excellent.thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.