Errors adding users from command line, new clean install Ubuntu 18.04

Hi,
I have followed the installation guide and have been able to log in as the first admin user. In my environment I absolutely can not send email out to new users. I set up a postfix local only server to get over the installer demanding an email server (should be a skippable option) and followed a few forum posts to disable email notifications.

I am running on a clean AWS Ubuntu 18.04 server and a new RDS Maria10 DB.

When I try to add a user from the command line I get a few errors that I can not resolve, I have set www-data a password as it is always asking for one.

/var/www/passbolt$ su -m -c “/var/www/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt register_user -u fred.fred@fred.net -f fred -l fred -r admin” -s /bin/bash www-data
Password:
This account is currently not available.

looked this up, gave www-data /bin/bash as a shell, not ideal…

su -m -c “/var/www/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt register_user -u fred.fred@fred.net -f fred -l fred -r admin” -s /bin/bash www-data
Password:
Warning Error: SplFileInfo::openFile(/var/www/passbolt/tmp/cache/persistent/myapp_cake_core_translations_cake_console_en__u_s): failed to open stream: Permission denied in [/var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php, line 397]

Warning Error: SplFileInfo::openFile(/var/www/passbolt/tmp/cache/persistent/myapp_cake_core_translations_cake_console_en__u_s): failed to open stream: Permission denied in [/var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php, line 397]

____                  __          ____
/ __ \____  _____ ____/ /_  ____  / / /_

/ // / __ `/ / / __ / __ / / _/
/ / // ( |
) /
/ / /
/ / / /
/
/ _
/
//.__/__//_/

Open source password manager for teams

User saved successfully.
To start registration follow the link in provided in your mailbox or here:

The URL appears but I do not know if the users are being created fully with the above error.

Any suggestions please ?

Hello @kanek,

The user should have been created. As an admin you should see the user as inactive in the users workspace of the passbolt application.

To fix this error you can clean the passbolt cache as root.
./bin/cake cache clear_all

This error appears when a passbolt command is executed as non www-data user.

Cheers,
Cédric

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.