Fresh install - PHP 7.2.2 - Issues with install

When executing the following command:

su -s /bin/bash -c "app/Console/cake install --no-admin" apache

I get the below error:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot use ‘object’ as class name as it is reserved in lib/Cake/Core/Object.php on line 18

I have gone over the setup and made sure I didn’t leave open quotes, etc.

PHP: PHP 7.2.2 (remi repo)
Apache: 2.4.6

Hi @mgomon,

The upcoming v2 should be compatible with 7.2. Passbolt 1.x relies on Cakephp v2.9 and does not support php 7.2. In the meantime you can try running the v2-rc1: [v2.0.0-RC] Upgrade to v2 Release Candidate

Cheers,

Yes I found this out after posting this messsage :slight_smile: thanks! I am running through the install now but encountering some troubles. I will start fresh and see where I end up and post back if any issues arise.

Thanks!

@mgomon thanks for testing 7.2 support, it’s much appreciated, if you find something weird with the RC1 let us know, we’ll fix it asap.

Working with a remote database (another local server) is not working. I confirmed I could connect using the mysql command as well as telnet to the port.

$ su -s /bin/bash -c “/var/www/site.com/bin/cake passbolt install” apache
Running baseline checks, please wait…
There are some issues with the database configuration.
Please run ./app/Console/cake passbolt healthcheck for more information and help.

$ su -s /bin/bash -c “./bin/cake passbolt healthcheck” apache
Database

[FAIL] The application is not able to connect to the database.
[HELP] Double check the host, database name, username and password in config/passbolt.php
[HELP] Make sure the database exists and is accessible for the given database user.
[FAIL] No table found
[HELP] Run the install script to install the database tables
[HELP] sudo su -s /bin/bash -c “/var/www/site.com/bin/cake install” apache
[FAIL] No default content found
[HELP] Run the install script to set the default content such as roles and permission types
[HELP] sudo su -s /bin/bash -c “/var/www/site.com/bin/cake install” apache
[FAIL] The database schema is not up to date.
[HELP] Run the migration scripts:
[HELP] sudo su -s /bin/bash -c “/var/www/site.com/bin/cake migrations migrate” apache
[HELP] See. https://www.passbolt.com/help/tech/update

Is there something special that needs to be done to access a remote database?

You can try to tweak the database section of the configuration in config/passbolt.php with information from: https://book.cakephp.org/3.0/en/orm/database-basics.html#database-configuration

Do you have any information in the /logs about why the connection is not working?

Yes I made the changes required. And from the Cake framework docs I even added some of the extra params after you sent the above link (not before).

// Database configuration.
'Datasources' => [
    'default' => [
        'className' => 'Cake\Database\Connection',
        'driver' => 'Cake\Database\Driver\Mysql',
        'persistent' => false,
        'host' => 'remote_host_ip',
        'port' => '3306',
        'username' => 'passbolt_db_user',
        'password' => 'passwd',
        'database' => 'passbolt_db',
        'encoding' => 'utf8',
        'timezone' => 'UTC',
        'cacheMetadata' => true,
    ],
],

Logs show this line each time:

2018-02-09 00:41:05 Warning: Warning (2): array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [/var/www/site.com/plugins/PassboltTestData/src/Shell/Task/DataTask.

Thanks

Database server was running 5.1 and I upgraded to 5.5. I think the whole server needs an upgrade but that is another story! lol.

Looks like the install is fine now that the DB server is updated.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.