Getting a 404 Not Found for download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu

Note, all links have http/https stripped since I’m a new user and apparently these logs count as links :slight_smile:

Went to perform 3.7.0 → 3.7.2 update.

Ran sudo apt update, errored out with:

Get:1 ://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security InRelease [114 kB]
Ign:2 ://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:3 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal InRelease
Get:4 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates InRelease [114 kB]
Get:5 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports InRelease [108 kB]
Get:6 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64 Packages [2112 kB]
Get:7 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/universe amd64 Packages [954 kB]
Get:8 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/universe Translation-en [218 kB]
Err:9 ://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu focal Release
404 Not Found [IP: 104.22.71.135 443]
Reading package lists… Done
E: The repository ‘://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu focal Release’ no longer has a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Check website, saw all documentation now references 22.04 (i.e. jammy not focal).

Renamed the passbolt.sources file, and performed a full ubuntu dist upgrade to 22.04. Edited passbolt.sources file in 22.04 to correctly use “jammy” rather than “focal”, matching with the format detailed in ://raw.githubusercontent.com/passbolt/passbolt-dep-scripts/main/passbolt-repo-setup.pro.sh.

Now running sudo apt update I get:

Hit:1 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy InRelease
Hit:2 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates InRelease
Hit:3 ://ap-southeast-2.ec2.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-backports InRelease
Ign:4 ://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu jammy InRelease
Hit:5 ://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-security InRelease
Err:6 ://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu jammy Release
404 Not Found [IP: 104.22.70.135 443]
E: The repository ‘://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu jammy Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Additionally, it looks like nginx isn’t liking the update:

2022/09/22 16:27:00 [crit] 737#737: *1 connect() to unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: , server: _, request: “GET /auth/is-authenticated.json HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock:”, host: “”

Hi @TehnikaJosephGarrone Feel free to reach out to support@passbolt.com if this doesn’t help.

The pro Ubuntu install guide here has two initial steps which sets the apt repo. The script which it downloads from Github is something you might want to reference if you are manually troubleshooting the apt source files.

It is meant to be used for a new install. For example, if PHP is already installed, it will fail. But, you can take a look at its contents. It says focal is used for jammy. Also, there are other aspects to the repo settings in addition to the url path.

For the CE flavor, the final apt source file for passbolt shows:

/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat passbolt.sources
Types: deb
URIs: https://download.passbolt.com/ce/ubuntu
Suites: focal
Components: stable
Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/passbolt-repository.gpg

Note that there is a key involved.

Regarding the NGINX error, I’m assuming you already have PHP installed but it’s either not running on a socket, or the socket file is different than the path shown. Or, maybe you have php8.1 installed?

Hi @TehnikaJosephGarrone and @garrett,

There was an issue with the repo. It is now fixed. Let us know if you have any issues.
Cheers,

Thanks for resolving.

Nginx was because I’d previously changed the fpm socket to 7.4. PHP is 8.1 in 22, so updated to resolve. Will reattempt an apt update today.

Hi Team,

Have tried again this arvo and am still being met with a 404 Not Found

Hit:5 ://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-security InRelease
Err:6 ://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu jammy Release
404 Not Found [IP: 172.67.7.1 443]
E: The repository ‘://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu jammy Release’ does not have a Release file.

I confirm we’re having an issue. The site reliability team is on it, should be fixed later today. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

It should be fixed now @TehnikaJosephGarrone can you confirm?

Hmm, same error still. I get a 404 not found on 104.22.70.135. And opening browser to https://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu gives:

NoSuchKey The specified key does not exist.

Hi!

There is a misconfiguration in your apt source list file. I can see that you are trying to pull from our repository using ‘jammy’ as the distribution name but, the remote repository is configured to pull using the ‘focal’ distribution name. Even when it is compatible with both versions.

So, to solve the issue what you have to do is change the source file content, by default on ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/passbolt.sources’ and add the followgin content:

Types: deb
URIs: https://download.passbolt.com/pro/ubuntu
Suites: focal
Components: stable
Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/passbolt-repository.gpg

Also, make sure that the passbolt public gpg key path (Signed-By field) is the right one, otherwise, you will have to change it and point to the right one.

Ah yes, I changed it to jammy at some point after the upgrade when I was trying to see if that was the cause. Reverted and it is working. Cheers

Update to 3.7.2 went through without a hitch.

3 Likes