- Team name: Accessibiliteam
- Team members: Benjamin, Antony, Gérold
This project aims to improve the accessibility standards of passbolt and to consider it all the way through the requirements gathering, design, development and testing parts of the life cycle. The purpose of accessibility is to allow keyboard navigation, enhance contrasts and the use of a screen reader for hearing or visually impaired people.
Passbolt is currently not optimized for hearing and visual impaired people, this lack of accessibility doesn’t allow this kind of user to use the Passbolt interface in perfect equity.
Persons with disabilities, mostly people that are visually impaired or that wouldn’t be able to use a mouse but everyone that finds it hard for them to use the passbolt application.
- In order to provide passbolt application services in a way it respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- In order to provide the same passbolt application services level to people with disabilities.
- In order to offer the opportunity to everyone to be able to use passbolt application at the same level.
- It could be a blocker if we want to enter the education industry as they probably need to answer to accessibility standards in order to offer the same service level to all students
There are accessibility standards to make a website compliant for these users. The website should follow the WCAG-2 agreement. (cf: Welcome to CityLights! [Accessible Home Page])
The plan is to apply these standards as much as possible throughout the passbolt application and to consider it all the way through the requirements gathering, design, development and testing parts of the life cycle.
Here’s the documentation: Accessibility - Hearing and visual impaired people
Share your thoughts and ideas below:
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)