Health Check SSL error

I have a fully up to date install of Passbolt running on Ubuntu 18.04 also fully up to date.

I’ve been running this for about 3 years without issue. I typically run the web based Health Check which comes out all green unless I have an update available.

The newer update instructions include the recommendation to run the CLI health check so I did.
Only in the CLI do I see SSL errors:

SSL Certificate

[FAIL] SSL peer certificate does not validate
[FAIL] Hostname does not match when validating certificates.
[WARN] Using a self-signed certificate
[HELP] fopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
fopen(): Failed to enable crypto
fopen(https://pass.**./healthcheck/status.json): failed to open stream: operation failed

I am using Let’s Encrypt and my web portal shows as having the lets encrypt cert installed and working.

I found this forum with what looks like the same issue: SSL certificates errors in healthcheck

There is a recommendation to look at the sites enabled config and I did, but I only see the default in that folder, not anything specific to this instance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @ astrugatch

Passbolt is known to throw some warnings for self-signed certificate. There are mutiple reason why it may complain for example some part of the chain for the certificates may not be included in the web server configuration.

However if your browser is be happy with your SSL certificate you can just ignore these warning / errors.

Best,

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.