How are features determined to go Pro vs CE

First let me state that I certainly understand the economic requirements for featuresets moving to Pro-only to promote revenue-generation.

However I’m curious how/if/when various features will travel down to the community edition. ie: will tags/import/export be in Pro FIRST, forever, for a year? These have huge usability impact by NOT having them in the CE.

The other challenge here frankly is how much the “pro-only features” may dampen interest in participation from the community. I may not be as inclined to spend time/effort into giving feedback for crafting/designing and suggesting features if they won’t make it into the CE (since that is the edition I am using).

Can you give some clarity on how you plan to determine features filtering between the CE and Pro editions going forward?

Thanks!

1 Like

Will tags/import/export be in Pro FIRST, forever, for a year?

Weeks. More like until another important feature is released. So most likely it will be available this summer for CE users.

Can you give some clarity on how you plan to determine features filtering between the CE and Pro editions going forward?

It will be decided on case by case basis.

Cheers,