Installing CE on Ubuntu 22.04 Server

I just did a clean install of Ubuntu Server 22.04. Following the install guide, and the script sees PHP7.4 installed and failed out.

This is happening directly from the install and I haven’t manually added any packages. Is there a slimmer version of the ubuntu22.04 server ISO that I’m not aware of?

apt remove php7.4 says that PHP7.4 isn’t installed, but php -v seems to think otherwise. Not sure what I missed.

:wave: @astrugatch

Welcome back!

Not sure why Ubuntu 22 is giving you issue. Maybe Nginx or Apache is set to use 7.4. You also need to change the Nginx server block or Apache server host config file to the correct php that you want to use.

Add ondrej repo if you need access to other versions of php

sudo apt install software-properties-common

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php

sudo apt update

Install php version you want

sudo apt install php8.2 php8.2-fpm

Other common PHP packages

sudo apt install php8.2-mysql php8.2-mbstring php8.2-xml php8.2-gd php8.2-curl

I would check the version the system is using

php -version

Then set default php by running and selecting the version you want as default.

sudo update-alternatives --config php

Hi,

What is the output of this command (will display PHP packages installed):

dpkg -l | grep php

Cheers,

1 Like

Did a new install and selected “minimized” version and now it seems happy.

Got the rest of the way through the migration from my old server and everything worked, but now that I’m ready to connect to the extension it sends me the recovery email and when I click the link the Passbolt page just says “please wait” then turns grey and does nothing else.

What should I be checking for?

Never mind. It was a chrome issue, not a pass bolt issue. App-zapped chrome and reinstalled and its all good.