Installing passbolt on OpenLiteSpeed

Hello,

I am trying to install passbolt on my remote server with the following details:
Database: MariaDB 15.1
Webserver: OpenLiteSpeed 1.6.21

I have read the installation guide for Ubuntu 20.04, but as I am not running an NGINX webserver, I am not sure how to installe passbolt.

I assume that I need to install it with:

sudo DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install --no-install-recommends passbolt-ce-server

But I am not sure what files I need to configure to connect passbolt to MariaDB and OpenLiteSpeed.

If someone has successfully installed passbolt to work with my MariaDB and OpenLitespeed, or if you know how I should set this up, I would be happy to hear back from you.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @nowaka,

Hope you are doing good,

Know that I have never configured Passbolt with OpenLiteSpeed webserver. I will just try to give you some leads to help you to achieve it.

If your database server is external to the passbolt server then yes you can use the non interactive way to install passbolt as it will better suit your needs.

You will then be able to configure passbolt to use your remote DB by editing this part of the /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php file :

// Database configuration.
    'Datasources' => [
        'default' => [
            'host' => 'your.db.host',
            //'port' => 'non_standard_port_number',
            'username' => 'nowakadbuser',
            'password' => 'secret',
            'database' => 'nowakadb',
        ],
    ],

If your database is on the same instance than passbolt, you can use the interactive installation way and just answer “no” when passbolt ask you if you want to configure NGINX.

For OpenLiteSpeed, it won’t be passbolt config tweaking as it will be OpenLiteSpeed that will serve passbolt application so I invite you to read a guide to configure it.
I came across this “how to” while doing some research https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-and-configure-openlitespeed-server-along-with-mariadb-and-php-on-ubuntu-2004/ that seems quite complete and detailed about the topic.

Do not hesitate to answer back if you run into more passbolt issues that I could help you with or if you succeed into installing passbolt with OpenLiteSpeed to share your experience :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Gérold.