Invalid hostname during setup

Hi everyone. I am new to linux, passbolt, servers etc… so I may overlook things and doing mistake. :slight_smile:

I tried to install passbolt on Centos 7 (virtual machine) in our internal server, I set up the server with a hostname and a static IP address. However, when it asks for a hostname, it does not accept the hostname but only the IP address, which I don’t want.

I setup the DNS to be configured with our DNS and 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I can ping the hostname w/ issue from outside so it’s not this.

Information about the server:
Linux keymaster.int.gl3 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 22 16:42:41 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am not sure what is going on, what to check… Will keep an eye on this thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the time of the readers :D.

Hi @horuskov,

The regex doesn’t validate your hostname due to the “gl3” as it expects only a-z characters for the extension “.com” “.org” and so on.

This definitely we could add to the scripts. As a workaround you could introduce another temporary domain name like: keymaster.int.gl and modify the /etc/nginx/conf.d/passbolt.conf file with your actual domain name.

Hey @diego Damn I did not expect such quick answer, thank you :).

Oooh I see. I will try this workaround. If you add this to the script, will I have to redo all the setup?

Thanks again for your time :).

1 Like

No problem :smiley:

No, once you have run the script and you are happy with the result you don’t need to run it again. These scripts are meant to just ease the dependency install and the initial heavy lifting to install passbolt. They should be a one-off thing.

Ok thanks for the solution, I managed to get through it. Unfortunately I stumbled on another issue that’s different from hostname. Thanks Diego :). Have a good day.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.