Multiple users in a single browser, always have to recover account

Hello there.
I finally got my passbolt ce instance hosted in docker up and running!

I made an admin account and a user account. I would like to be able to use both in the same browser, but I have to recover the user once I want to switch (which is very annoying and my 3 colored letters are reset too!).
It shows an input field to enter a different account, but it’s not editable. Is there a reason behind this? (Should I make this a Feature request? Is this feature locked to pro/entertpise?)

I currently have my admin on firefox running inside a wsl instance. (it is as obnoxious as it sounds).

Hi @tDwtp Welcome to the forum!

For the most part, the extension is the app - with this in mind and while considering that extension gets registered to a particular user, you can understand that going through the recovery process for the other user (which unregisters the current user) is a side effect of the architecture.

The extension is where all of the decryption/encryption happens with data from the server and before data is stored on the server.

Here are workarounds:

• use separate browsers (sounds like you are doing that). I am also a Firefox user and have sometimes used multiple portableapps versions to accomplish both having multiple users, but also being able to run my browser/passbolt extension on another computer without installing anything (thumb drive)
  • in Chrome, you can use different profiles. Each profile’s extension operates independently. Technically speaking, this is the only solution to your post’s title description (and Edge would qualify for this as well I think)

This is a disaster…Each user change requires account renewal. This could be done by having the user log into the application with their access data. The program works well, but this is a huge drawback that makes it difficult to use.

Have you tried creating different browser profiles for each users?

@bhut @remy I see you. I do infact have multiple browsers and each has more than a single profile. However this is still a major annoyance. I am currently trying to figure out how the extension stores a user and its data. My best guess is it stores the gpg keys somewhere, which is why changing the passphrase on the server does nothing to the passphrase from the extension. Basically: you would just need to associate the gpg key to a user. However I… need help with figuring out the extension…

I do thank you garrett for your answer, but that is pretty much not helpfull sadly. Workarounds are not something I like to accept for a prolonged time…

@tDwtp Describe your use case that requires multiple user accounts. User feedback matters, but obviously growth of the product happens over time.

At the risk of overstating what I’m saying - don’t equate the way it currently is as being equal to what everyone needs, even it if meets the needs of the majority of users. There are changes all the time that address specific user requests.