New Release: v4.1.0 ~ War Pig

Release date: July 5th 2023.

v4.1.0 ~ War Pig

:musical_note: War Pig :musical_note:

:heart: Thank you to all the Passbolt Developers for keeping our passwords safe :partying_face: :tada::heart: :

:fireworks: Version 4.1 of Passbolt introduces the long-awaited Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) feature. :fireworks:

RBAC provides admins with the ability to control the capabilities offered to users through the user interface (UI). As Passbolt evolves, subsequent releases will expand on this, eventually providing control over API capabilities.

On the performance side, while passbolt was able to handle thousands of passwords, sharing on large volumes was a challenge due to the end-to-end model. With this new version, users will be pleased to experience enhanced performance when sharing their passwords with others. More improvements are yet to come in future releases, so stay tuned.

Additionally, users will notice improvements in some areas: passwords are now easier to read, special characters and numbers are highlighted with contrasting colors, and multi-factor authentication is now able to remember the last method used.

Finally, this release also includes the latest security fixes (minor and info) identified during the March security audit by Cure53. As usual, the full report along with the mitigations will be fully disclosed on the website.

:heart: Passbolt thanks you for your continued support, and we hope you enjoy the enhanced features and improvements in this release. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our great Community Forum if you have any questions or feedback. :heart:

:memo: Release Notes: Pro
:memo: Release Notes: CE

• PRO
    :new: PB-24259 As an administrator I can define with role based access control users’ rights
    :new: PB-24054 As an administrator I can define LDAP field mapping migration.
    :new: PB-24051 As an administrator I can define LDAP multi domain
    :new: Please check your version’s release notes for more details

• CE
    :new: PB-24259 As an administrator I can define with role based access control users’ rights
    :new: Please check your version’s release notes for more details

• Maintenance
    :hammer_and_wrench: :toolbox: Please check your version’s release notes for more details

• Security
    :closed_lock_with_key: Please check your version’s release notes for more details

:heart: If you enjoy Passbolt’s features and security, please show your support, write a review on the app, extension and webstore :star::star::star::star::star: (chrome , firefox , edge , ios , android )

:heart: We welcome your feedback and invite you to show your support by adding a :star: on our GitHub API repo: GitHub - passbolt/passbolt_api: Passbolt CE Backend, a JSON API written with Cakephp .

2 Likes

Hello,
I am not sure if you are aware or where to report this, but if I click on the button Need help on the administration RBAC page, it leads to a Not found webpage, as it seems that the feature is not yet documented.

Btw, thank you for the RBAC feature, I am really looking towards its future updates extending the capabilities :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like a very good release :clap:

Hey community members,

:speaker: Exciting news! :tada:

We’re thrilled to announce an enhancement to our cloud platform: Role-based access control (RBAC) is now available! :shield: :star2: This feature empowers admins with an extra layer of control over user’s access and permissions. :partying_face:

1 Like