I have an issue with passbolt installed from source. It runs for about 5 years now without any issues. But all of a sudden, the mail stopped working.
Nobody receives a recovery mail anymore.
I found a topic here from a year ago, dit all the steps described there. But still got the same issue.
The health check is fine, and the settings of the admin, i attached as a screenshot also.
The cron doesn’t seem to have any issues, and when i run bin/cron it doesn’t give any issues either.
Since those are showing successfully sent the issue is likely going to be on the mail server side. Do you run your own mail server or is this through a hosted one? If you run your own you’ll want to take a look to see if you can find anything there.
Otherwise checking your spam/junk folder could be an option if you haven’t already
If the test email is going through but just the account recovery ones aren’t you might want to see if it is getting blocked somewhere due to an overly ambitious filter flagging it based on the mention of “account recovery” or “account”
To add, I’m experiencing the same issue & can also confirm that passbolt is sending emails with message-id header unset. The message-id header is the responsibility of the client sending the email, not the MTA, so this is most certainly a Passbolt bug.
I’ve just started using Passbolt, so can’t comment on whether it was a recent change. But, the version i’ve set up is docker.io/passbolt/passbolt:4.1.2-1-ce-non-root