The deprecated self registration public setting was found in /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php

I recently migrated my install from Ubuntu 18.04 to 22.04. Everything went smoothly and is working fine. When I run health check I get the following warning:

The deprecated self registration public setting was found in /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php.

We have self registration disabled so it isn’t an impactful issue, but I just want to make sure our settings are clean and future proof. What needs to be removed from our passbolt.php to resolve the warning? I’ve searched but (surprisingly) haven’t seemed to come across a specific document describing what I’m looking to fix.

Thanks!

Previously there was a toggle setting in the /etc/passbolt/passbolt.php file for self registration but that has since moved to the Administration workspace in the web UI. To clear this healthcheck line you just need to go into the passbolt.php file and remove the self registration line

just to confirm I would be removing:

'registration' => [
        'public' => false,
    ],

Correct?

Never mind. Tested as the fix and implemented.

Now the only warning I have left is

Host availability checking is disabled.

I see it mentioned in a lot of other threads, but only in combination with actual problems, not simply clearing warnings.

The host availability check is a check for the MX record of the domains used for the usernames. By default this is disabled so you can make usernames like test@myfakedomain.local. If you enable this check it won’t let you create users with “fake” email addresses in that the domain doesn’t have an MX record. If you’d like to enable this it would be done by adding to the passbolt section of your passbolt.php file like this:

'passbolt' => [
        'email' => [
            'validate' => [
	          'mx' => true
	    ]	
	],