An actual Passbolt (community) installation (3.2.1/3.2.3) does encrypt the description field by default.
An encrypted description field has three disadvantages:
- it is impossible to search its content
- the unencryption does take a long time (5… 10 seconds)
- it is not possible to change this behavior after storing
- Where can I customize that this field is unencrypted by default?
- It is possible to improve the unencryption performance by factor 10 or more
- It is possible to change the behavior of passbolt so that the owner can decide to store the entry unencrypted after it was stored encrypted - please provide an option in the section passbolt - administration e.g.
Also possible to move this functionality to the comment field, but then it is neccessary to bring it into the create/edit dialog. And note: also here the performance is poor!
Regards - Michael