The GnuPG config for the server is not available or incomplete

Following this guide on Debian 9, when I get to step 12 and execute ./bin/cake passbolt install as www-data, i get this error:

Running baseline checks, please wait...
The GnuPG config for the server is not available or incomplete
Please run ./app/Console/cake passbolt healthcheck for more information and help.

When I run healthcheck, I get:

Healthcheck shell.....Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [/var/www/passbolt/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Database/Driver/PDODriverTrait.php, line 48]

@LITR Are you able to connect to your mysql server with the credentials you set (step 11) in yoyr config/passbolt.php ?

@cedric Yes, I can connect perfectly with the passbolt user and the password also defined in the config using mysql -u passbolt -p

@LITR, this message is weird to me. It looks like it is trying to connect with no user and no password.

It looks like the config is not loaded ? Did you copy the example config/passbolt.default.php into config/passbolt.php ? Does the user www-data has access to the file config/passbolt.php ? Do you have any error in your logs/error.log & logs/cli-error.log ?

I figured it out. I copied the config directly from the guide, and it must have contained some characters that messed up the parsing. When I just edited the config from passbolt.default.php everything worked.

Maybe there should be a way for the application to check for illegal characters or syntax in the config and alert the user?

Thanks for the help, @cedric !

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.