Times in email notifications always in UTC

I’ve just installed Passbolt using the Docker containers. I’ve updated passbolt.env and mysql.env to match our server configuration and everything seems to be working. Notification emails are sent, users can activate caaounts, and passwords can be shared through the browser extensions

However, the notification emails always include the UTC time. I have update the TZ environment variable and verified that the containers have the correct timezone set with
docker exec -i bash -c 'date’

Nevertheless, the emails still arrive with UTC times. I don’t see any relevant environment variables in the reference list

Have I missed something?

Any news here?

Mails still come with time in UTC…

Have you find any solution? We have the same problem with mails using UTC without our timezone

Hey, we do have an internal ticket for this tracked with the ID PB-24267.

For this we’ll be adding UTC to the time in the body of the email so it is more clear that it is set to UTC and not local time as local time would be shown from the time listed in the inbox.

The reason the time listed is in UTC is to make it easier when checking against logs which are also commonly kept in UTC. Additionally many of the organizations that use passbolt have distributed teams so there is rarely a single timezone that would make sense here and in that case UTC is the easiest.

‘Logs are commonly kept in UTC’ - ours aren’t, nor do we have teams in different time zone. Rather than just adding a three-letter acronym to the message, couldn’t you just add a timezone option to the configuration that allows everyone the option? UTC users can choose UTC if it suits them; the rest of us get to use our local time.

Hey @MikeW I definitely get where you are coming from with this. We went with just adding UTC for now to remove any confusion as that seems to be the biggest issue we have seen with this. Making this truly configurable is more work and so would have to be a later addition. My assumption would be even when configurable users would want the timezone listed so this would be the first step.