Translate Passbolt? How to help?

Hi everyone

I’m using passbolt and I would like to know how to help to translate it?

I’m ready to help to translate it in French, if you have some “howto”?

I can try to translate it going to the code, but maybe there is a good way to do it, and avoid to loose everything for each update.

Thanks

I’m not that deep in cakephp and passbolt, but i also want to help.

What i fund out for now is that cakephp has bulid in functions for translation. See this capter in doku of cakephp.

https://book.cakephp.org/3/en/core-libraries/internationalization-and-localization.html#:~:text=The%20CakePHP%20localized%20library%20houses,%2F%2Fcake.

If i look through the code on github i often found __(). So i think the sourcecode is ready and we must follow the cakephp doku instuctions.

If this is the right way to do it, maybe i can help translate to german.

Hi Dimmu,

Thanks for reaching out to work on translations.

Unfortunately translating the string stored in cakephp is not enough to get working on the translation as this will cover only a small part of the application, namely error messages from the server, the few html pages like the login / recovery page (which will be soon migrated to JS).

The rest, and the biggest part of the interface, is split in two parts at the moment the “appjs” a javascript served by the server, and the web extension. We are currently in the process of merging these two and rewriting them in React.

Once this is done, hopefully by end of next month, we should be able to start tackling the bulk of work on the translations.