Unable to export GPG Keys

Hi all!

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me a hand as a first time user. I seem to be unable to export my GPG keys to the Passbolt config file as I get the error “No such file or directory”, however when I “touch” the file. I’m new to Linux but I’ve been told this is essentially a ping test I get the error “Permission denied”

I’m using ubuntu 20.04 server and apache2 to fit within the requirements of this project

Hi @Takeadrink,

Welcome on the forum. Can you tell us which method you used to install passbolt? There are some non-official guides that are known to have issues, so that could help identify the issue. By default for example passbolt guides use Nginx not apache.

If you are new to linux it’s probably best to stick to the official installation guide for ubuntu, which relies on a package and provide a much streamline experience compare to source installation.

Best,

1 Like

Hi Remy!
I’ve been using this guide that I found in the internet that is similar in steps, I would use Nginx as I don’t have a preference but to with within the requirements that I have been given I have to use apache2 which has been the challenging part!

This guide appears to be very simmilar to the guide found on the passbolt website except that it has steps built in for apache2

@Takeadrink please consider installing using the official guide and package, as it’s much quicker / less error prone.

Hi Remy!

Me again! I’ve switched over to the passbolt ce setup from the website but cannot seem to get passed the database setup. I keep getting the error “A connection could not be established with the credentials provided. Please verify the settings.”

Now I have checked this 4 times and can confirm the credentials that I am using are correct so I was wondering if this is could be a common issue or something that I’ve overlooked?

This can happen if your credentials contains ’ or " I think.